1. Who do you think cares more about PS3? Like it or not, we play on PS3. And I know some people complain and say they wanna switch, but whatever. I've spent $75 on a game that has the PS3 logo on it. When it is made for PS3, I expect it to play on PS3 DAY ONE. I don't want it to need patches to play, I wanna pop it in and play. MW2 is like that, Black Ops is not. Treyarch doesn't care about PS3 obviously, yet IW actually took the time to make MW2 works well on PS3. Bravo IW, for all the CRAP you put in the game, at least it works!
2. Lag. I want one of you to tell me with a straight face that Treyarch knows how to make a decent connection system. IW has it figured out. MW2 has about 20% the amount of people playing, yet lag is still a non-issue. It was the same when MW2 was *the* COD game. I mean, occasionally, you get into a laggy lobby, but you back out expecting the next one to be fine. In Black Ops, you can back out, but the new lobby will probably be worse. And Hit detection? Pfft. Sure MW2 put large hit boxes on people, but with a peer2peer system you NEED big hitboxes. Treyarch's system only works with dedicated servers. Did they bother to test the game?
3. Maps. I like COD4, I like that Mw2 has some COD4 maps. I like the legends like Favela and Highrise. I like Scrapyard. I like Rust. I hate Karachi. But in Black Ops? I like Firing Range and Summit. I hate First Strike. I hate Nuketown. I hate gimmicks like ice bridges and ziplines. I want fun maps with variety of settings and difference in graphic designs. In MW2, Rundown was gloomy, fit the map well. Favela was sunny and colorful, like you expect South America to be in the summer. Black Ops maps all have awful lighting, and they general atmosphere of all of them is the same.
4. Challenges. Callsigns are cool. Emblem Maker is not that cool any more. MW2 had so many great challenges that made you try crazy stuff (Throwing knife while stunned? SWEET). And when you did it, you got rewarded with a new emblem or title. Nice. Sure, there were hackers, and that took the fun out of it, but me and you? We know we did it legit, and it feels good. Also camos. I like camo. I like earning it. I don't like spending 250 COD point or whatever it costs. I like IW's Gold Camo too. Want gold? You better be good with a class of weapons. In Black Ops, if you can muster up 25,000 COD point, you can get some sweet gold on your Famas.
5. Even Activision knows BO sucks. Why do you think the Fuel rock glitch and general hacks in MW2 weren't patched until AFTER Black Ops solidified 20 million copies sold? Because Activision knows. They didn't let the patch get sent out which fixed many of MW2's problems because nobody would have bought Black Ops. They know Treyarch pissed on PS3 users, when MW2 works on PS3. And why do you think that PS3 got the MW2 patch MONTHS before 360? Because Activision still cares, just a little, about us. Even if they only care about the money, I don't give a crap. If money is their motivator to make a good game, then so be it. Just give me a good game!
6. Community. Black Ops has the "general COD players" while MW2 is stuck with people who are either poor, like and care about the game, or just plain hate Black Ops. The community is better than when MW2 was the main COD game, by far. One game, I saw a OMA toober. So I got out my C4 and blasted him to hell. That was fun. And the Black Ops community continues to amaze me. If OMA was in the game, like 75% of the people would have it as their main class, and probably with Ghost and a Famas. I NEVER remember as many WHINY BITCHES playing MW2 as there are on Black Ops.
7. I remember the good times. Admit it, we had good times on MW2. I remember in the summer teaming up with Syn, Otis, Shadow, and any others on at the time and just running around with shields or shotguns making people rage all afternoon. We all had bad games where the OMA toobers made us quit, and some of us swore to never buy an IW game ever again. But we still had fun together. Now in the parties and lobbies of Black Ops we don't have as much fun because...the game isn't as fun. Connections are never good for everyone in the party, where in MW2 they always were. In Black Ops one game me and Syn might have awesome, yet Alpha and Kaz bad. Next game it might have swapped. There is never a lobby where we are all happy. And it just gets old.
Eventually, I will buy Black Ops again, just because I miss y'all. But until then, I'm enjoying me some MW2.